What are the requirements to earn the e-PRO® certification?
To earn your certification, you must:
- Be in good standing with the National Association of REALTORS® or a cooperating international association
- Complete the two-day e-PRO® certification coursework.
- Submit a one-time application fee.
Where are the classroom courses available?
You can check www.Training4RE.com to find courses scheduled in your area. If you don't see anything scheduled in your immediate area, please contact your state or local association to request a course.
When will the updated online course be available?
The updated online course will be available in March 2019.
What if I already started the previous e-PRO® coursework?
- Students who have completed e-PRO® Day 1 in the classroom have until February 28, 2019, to register for Day 2 online through the Center for REALTOR® Development.
- The deadline to complete either the previous Day 1/Day 2 online bundle or individual Day 2 online course, and submit a certification application with the original $110.50 application fee is March 31, 2019.
- As of April 1, 2019, the application fee will increase to $149 regardless of which coursework was completed.
- Students may complete the previous coursework, apply, and still earn CE (if applicable in their state) until October 31, 2019. The application fee will be $149 as of April 1, 2019.
- Students may complete the previous coursework and apply, without CE credit, for one year from the purchase of their online course. The application fee will be $149 as of April 1, 2019.
- Students who have already completed the previous coursework, but have not yet applied for the certification, will have until March 31, 2019, to submit an application with the $110.50 fee. As of April 1, 2019, the application fee increases to $149.
Is there an annual fee to maintain the certification?
No. As long as you are a current member of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), you may use the e-PRO® certification without any annual recertification fees.
Is continuing education (CE) available?
For the classroom setting, please contact your local course provider to make sure they have secured CE. For the online course, you can see if the online course qualifies for CE in your state.
What does it cost to earn the certification?
If you decide to take the e-PRO® coursework in a live classroom setting, the course fee is decided by the course provider.
The current e-PRO® coursework may be completed online for $219. The updated e-PRO® online coursework will be available in early 2019.
Upon completion of the course there is also a one-time application fee of $110.50 (Increasing to $149 on April 1, 2019).
Are annual dues required to maintain and use the e-PRO® certification?
As long as you are a current member of NAR, you can continue to use the e-PRO® certification no matter when you earned it. You will be included in the e-PRO® online directory. A new e-PRO® logo and marketing materials will be available for use as you reprint your business cards, update your website, etc. If you wish to refresh your social media and technology skills, please visit NAR Tech Edge for a list of one-day technology skills conference events.
How soon can I begin using the e-PRO® certification in my marketing materials?
You may begin using the e-PRO® certification after you receive an email from NAR that you have officially been awarded the certification.
Does completion of the e-PRO® certification count toward other NAR designations/certifications?
NAR's e-PRO® certification counts as elective credit for the ABR® designation.